Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eco-friendly scotch tape: get it FREE!


When I can score a deal that's a green product and I get it for free, I wear a smile all day. Yes, I'm that nerdy. I just stopped by Staples to get all the extreme deals on the front of the flyer for myself and my church. They still had plenty of everything, and the notebooks rang up $.09, not $.19--even better.

My favorite deal was for Scotch magic eco-friendly tape, made from 75% renewable or recycled materials. The dispenser is made from 100% recycled plastic, the back-card is from 100% renewable materials, and the tape is made from over 53% renewable plant-based materials. I'm not sure how they do that, but that's cool. You can also reuse the dispenser and buy refills separately or recycle it through Terracyle. Since our school has just started collecting for Terracycle, I'm jazzed about this idea, which pays the school $.02 for each item. Love it!

So here's the deal: You pay $3.99 and get $3.99 back in Staples rewards to use on a future purchase. Voila: FREE. Limit 1 per customer. Go green, save green, give green!

No comments:

Post a Comment