Monday, December 13, 2010

Couponing for Charity 12/12-18


With all the snow, icy roads, and school closures, shopping is frankly not at the top of my priority list. However, I have scoured the ads and have some suggestions if you can get out this week. None of the stores are clear winners for freebies; so pick what YOU need.

CVS
For all the match-ups, go to Southern Savers.
For the paired down list, go to Coupon Katie.

If I make it in, I'll pick up the free or nearly free Crest, Complete multi-purpose solution, discounted bandaids, some discounted Hershey chocolates for stockings, and a bag of Dove miniatures. The kids have really liked these for their lunches since they have a message inside. Click here for how to get some free Advil.

Walgreen's
For all the match-ups, go to Southern Savers.
For the paired down list, go to Coupon Katie.

My goal is to spend $25 in one transaction (before coupons, to pick up an extra $5 in Jingle Cash. The one trick is that it's only good 12/19-23. If I had been able to get out last week to earn Jingle Cash on the wrapping paper, that would have made this so much better, but it didn't happen. I'm buying the M&Ms for baking, the chocolates for hostess or teacher gifts, and the others for us. So, here's my plan:

  • 1 pack Ouchless hairbands ($2, get $2RR)
  • 4 bags M&Ms ($10 total, get $5RR, use 2 $1/2MC=$.75 each)
  • 2 Hershey's Pot of Gold assorted chocolates ($9 total, get $3RR, use 2 $1/1 MC=$2 each)
  • 1 Listerine whitening ($4, get 1RR, use $2/1 MC=$.99 each)
  • 2 Milky Way bars ($.39 each with in ad coupon, use $.50/2 printable=$.14 each)
Total before coupons: $25.77
Total OOP after coupons: $19.28
Jingle Cash for next week: $5, $2, $5, $3, $1=$16

Kroger has some decent deals; nothing wow. And I haven't seen any compelling posts that will draw me to Target this week. Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment