Monday, December 6, 2010

Couponing for Charity 12/5-11


Hi savvy shoppers. Sorry if you missed me last week. I was on vacation and had no plans to shop after my huge Black Friday trips to Walgreen's and CVS. I think I had 4 or 5 transactions at both stores! Thank goodness I did not have the kids.

This week is not a thrilling week for bargains but if you need to spend your register rewards from Black Friday (they'll expire 12/10), get back out there. I managed to roll all but one $.99RR into other savings. They paid for an ink cartridge so I can print more coupons! :-)

Note: At Walgreen's, you can earn even more savings (currently called Jingle Cash) now through 12/18. For every $25 you spend (before coupons), you earn a $5RR. That's in addition to any other RR deals advertised, but you can only spend those between 12/12 and 12/18. Hope they have good sales then.

Walgreen's:
For the complete list of match-ups, go to Southern Savers.
For the paired down list, go to Coupon Katie.

I'll probably go for the free toothpaste, free nail polish (if I can find that coupon book), and the $.90 peanut butter (highly sought after item at food banks).

CVS:
For the complete list of match-ups, go to Southern Savers.
For the paired down list, go to Coupon Katie.

Nothing excites me much this week, but if you can get there tomorrow (12/7), you could get 10 candy canes for $.50 and M&Ms for $1.33 each. If you're going, there are two monthly freebies you might consider: Azo wipes and multi-purpose solution. By signing up for this coupon, you can also get 3 free Zhu Zhu pets when you buy 1. I was going to buy them as toys to donate, but I've read lots of discouraging comments about them. What do you think? I may hang onto my ECBs for another week or two.

Kroger:
For the complete list of match-ups, go to Southern Savers.
For some good tips for saving on cereal and Kellogg's rebates, go to Coupon Katie.

I will be picking up some cereal during their four day sale (12/8-11). They won't be free but many places appreciate cereal, like our next beneficiary: Ronald McDonald House. I'm taking a box of goodies to them on Friday.

Target:
Thanks to Katie and Gabrielle for the following tips about good deals at Target this week. It might be worth swinging by to get free Air Wick candles, $.49 Seventh Generation cleaner, free Suave shampoo, $.14 pantyliners, $.19 lotion, and $.24 eye shadow. Awesome deals.

You can also pick up some free to very cheap travel games at Target with Hasbro coupons: Hungry Hungry Hippo and Piktureka. Thanks, Katie.

I'll update my totals soon. There's just not enough time in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment