Sunday, October 23, 2011

My best Halloween candy deals





If you can make it CVS today, Sunday 10/23, with your kids in costume, I highly recommend it. Especially if you have three kids. Here's how I scored three large bags of Hershey candy for just $.49 each.

Today only, every kid who shows up in costume will receive a Halloween gift pack worth $5 and $10 of coupons inside. The gift pack has a Twizzler, a glow stick, a Wonka fun dip, and a plastic snake and spider. I'm not a big fan of the straight sugar products. So my kids were excited to get their one fun dip for the year, and I didn't have to pay for it. The coupons inside are a free 5x7 which they take in the store while you shop ($1.99 value), $5 off Hershey candy of 19oz or larger, $5 off costumes, and $2 off CVS batteries C or D size.

Since I have three children, I received three packs. She printed three copies of their picture so that I could share them with both sets of grandparents and keep one of us. The clerk said the $5 couldn't be used for costume accessories like hats or masks; that would have made them free. I didn't look at the battery deals but will the next time I'm in the store, as these expire 10/31.

My favorite deal was on large bags of Hershey candy (19-20 oz).
  • Each bag cost $5.99.
  • I bought three bags.
  • I used 3 $5 CVS coupons from gift packs.
  • I also used the $1.50 / 3 Hershey manufacturer coupon from a few weeks ago.
  • OOP: $1.47 plus tax (or $.49 each)!
If you can't make it CVS today, their best candy deal is this:
  • Buy 4 smaller bags of Mars or Hershey candy (9.34 - 12 oz) for $2.50 each.
  • Use $1.50 / 3 Hershey manufacturer coupon or 2 $1.50/2 Mars manufacturer coupon from All You magazine.
  • OOP: $7 - $8.50 plus tax.
  • Get back $3 ECB for future purchase.
  • Makes them $1 - $1.38 each.
More Halloween deals good Sunday - Tuesday only:
  • 1 Gold Emblem candy corn 8oz: $.99, get $.99 ECB = FREE; limit 1
  • 1 pumpkin carving tool: $2.49, get $2.49 ECB = FREE; limit 1
More good deals to consider:
  • 1 Covergirl blush ($5.99) & 1 Covergirl blush-3 shades ($4.79). Use $8/2 MC and get $3 ECB when you spend $10 = $.22 MM. Limit 1.
  • 4 Progresso soups ($1.25 each). Use $1/4 MC and get $1 ECB when you buy 4=$.75 each. Limit 1.
I got all these deals today and even without prior ECBs to use, I feel good about my savings. I did three transactions, using some ECBS from one on others.
Total OOP: $11.03 ($3.30 of which was tax)
Total savings: $44.83
ECBs remaining: $3.48

For all the CVS match-ups this week, go to Southern Savers.
For a pared down list, go to Coupon Katie.

What's your best Halloween candy deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment