Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The New Kashi Granola Bars: My Review



Recently I had the opportunity through Green Moms Meet to review a new product with a group of my friends and their kids. This is the first time I've sampled a product in exchange for a review, but I got primarily positive feedback about the concept. I was under no obligation to give anything other than my honest feedback. Though it won't become a regular thing for me, when it's a product I believe in, I'm game.

The product is Kashi's newest snack and "one of the top 10 kid-friendly Kashi products:" the TLC Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bar. They also sent me a free box of Kashi cereal, cereal bars, and a reusable bag. I had enough samples for each mom and kid to try and then take home an extra. Since no one was allergic to peanuts, we were safe to have this as our snack during our weekly playgroup.

I've liked Kashi products for years because they are natural, minimally processed, and free of highly refined sugars, artificial additives, and unnatural preservatives. I try to minimize the amount of prepackaged food we consume, but sometimes I need something easy to throw in the car.

The 7 moms with 8 kids were all familiar with Kashi and had bought Kashi products before. The majority of moms and all the kids liked the taste. Those who did not care for the taste noted the texture of the chocolate. Personally, I liked the chocolate coating and my kids only want granola bars that have some evidence of chocolate. Having the coating on the top makes them more appealing but also more messy. Have your wipes handy.

The key point to whether the moms would buy a box was the price. None of us would pay $3.89 but by paring a coupon with a sale, we would buy them for $2 or less. I often see them on sale at Kroger for $3; so this isn't out of the question.

Thank you to Green Moms Meet and Kashi for the yummy treats and best of luck as you continue developing products we can be proud to give our kids. Enjoy my short video below and check out what other testers had to say here.




No comments:

Post a Comment