I was a bit concerned when I took on the February Eat from the Pantry Challenge, that I would not be able to find meals suitable for giving away. I often take food to others in need because it gives me joy: the mother who just had a baby, the neighbor who broke her arm, the friend I've been meaning to invite to dinner. With a little creativity, I haven't missed a beat.
- The pudding I made from a box in the pantry (got it on sale for $.50).
- The tuna I got for free.
- The pasta was free.
- The can of cream of chicken soup was free.
- The homemade breadcrumbs I added on top were free.
- The frozen peas I added were $.50.
- The most expensive item was half a loaf of fresh bread that I allowed myself to buy through perimeter shopping: $1.25.