Sunday, January 24, 2010

How to Save 91% at Kroger-TODAY ONLY


Once again the stars have aligned with the special deals at Kroger. Here's how I just saved 91% on 10 items at Kroger, but that level of savings is only good TODAY, January 24.

Kroger has a mega event this week: buy 10 (specified products), get $5 off instantly. Today is the last day of a Kraft promotion that specifies you buy 5 Kraft products and get a $5 Catalina savings off your total of your next shopping trip. Combine that with sales, coupons, and e-savers, and you can save you serious bucks.

I bought 5 8oz packs of Kraft shredded cheese (normally $3.29, on sale for $1.49 each). The mega event knocks $.50 off each package and I used 2 $1/2 printables found here. Once you take into consideration the $5 coupon you earn at the end, that's like making $2. I think you can only earn one per transaction.

I also bought 2 boxes of Nature Valley granola bars and 3 boxes of Fiber One bars (both on sale). I had 2 $.40 printables for Nature Valley, 2 $.40 printables for Fiber One, and 1 $.40 paper coupon for Fiber One. These are all over the internet; try here or here. Since Kroger doubles these, that's a $4 savings. Note: Kroger now limits you to 2 internet printable coupons per product, per transaction. Since I had loaded several e-savers for both products from Cellfire and Shortcuts over the past couple of weeks, that saved me an additional $2. And since I bought 10 qualifying products, that knocked another $2.50 off my total today. All told, the cost of each box was $.99.

My total before tax was $7.90 and I walked away with $5 in savings next time. So it was like getting products that normally cost $32.90 for $2.90. There are lots of products that qualify for the mega event going on all week, but the Kraft promotion will no longer apply. Happy savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment