Sunday, June 13, 2010

Couponing for Charity 6/13-19 & Update #13


It's time again to grab those deals for charity, and this week there are some decent deals and even a surprise. I'm donating $26 worth of products and I made $5. If you're picking one place, head to CVS.

I actually started at Walgreen's for the paper. For all the Walgreen's match-ups, click here. Here's what I bought:

1 News Sentinel
1 Nivea for men body wash ($6; get $6RR)
1 Allways 18 count pack ($3.99)--I'm keeping this
--Used $2RR from last week
--Used $1/1 Nivea body wash coupon (I don't think we got the $3 coupon noted by Southern Savers)
--Used Free Allways catalina that printed a few weeks ago
Total Spent: $5.91
RR to use next time: $6

After clipping the $5 off Hydro razor in today's paper, I headed to CVS. They had emailed me a $4 off $20 purchase that expired today. That's $10 of ECBs they've given me in the past week for no purchase! If you haven't signed up for their emails, I would highly recommend it. For all the CVS match-ups, click here.

Update 6/15: If you would like to see Coupon Katie's CVS picks, click here. For the great rebate on the Shick razor, click here. I bought mine one day early; so I'm out of luck. You might also get a few deals I missed like free or $.25 Speed Stick deodorant and Colgate toothpaste.

Thanks to a tip from Coupon Katie, I bought a $50 gift card for Sears; it earns you $10ECB. If you buy $50 in mens apparel at Sears this week, you can submit for a rebate for $50 to use in the future. It's like $100 of clothing for $40! Since the hubby doesn't like to wait for sales and shops more like, "I need a pair of jeans, these fit, so I'll buy them," this is a way to make sure he saves money!

Transaction #1:
$50 Sears gift card
Total spent: $50
ECB printed: $10

Transaction #2:
2 Old Spice body wash (on sale for $4 each; get $4ECB. The ad noted you only got one $4ECB, but it actually gave me $8ECB. I thought I was getting both for free but it was actually a $4 money maker--SURPRISE!)
1 Hydro razor (on sale for $8.97; get $4ECB; using coupon makes it free)
1 bottle of vitamins ($10; not on sale but I was running low and they're not much cheaper at Kroger)
--Used $4 off $20ECB
--Used $10ECB from previous purchase
--Used $1ECB from green tag
--Used B1G1 Old Spice body wash
--Used $5/1 Hydro razor

Total Spent: $4.99
Total ECBs for future: $12

Total products to donate this week: 3 body wash for men, 1 razor
Total value of these products: $26 ($6 for Nivea, $5 each for Old Spice, $10 for razor--non-sale prices)
Total spent for these products: -$5 ($1 MM for Nivea and $4 MM for Old Spice)

Total products to donate to date: 5 tubes toothpaste, 5 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 2 dish soap, 12 body wash, 3 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 razor, 1 heat wrap, 5 feminine care, 1 lip balm, 2 toothbrushes, 1 barrette, 1 box of tissues, 1 box of vitamins, 2 boxes of cereal
Total value of products to date: $167.03
Total spent to date: -$17.70

What deals did you find this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment