Sunday, June 27, 2010

Couponing for Charity 6/27-7/3 & Update #15


Ok, savvy shoppers, here's this week's Couponing for Charity. I've been doing this for 3 1/2 months, and I've gathered over $200 of products while just about "making" enough to cover the tax. Another friend has given me at least $100 of similar goods to donate as well. I'll be taking my first batch of goods to the VMC in Knoxville. I'm going to speak to a group of ladies there about how they can do this themselves on Tuesday. I'll report back afterwards. Since I'm taking next week off from couponing, you're on your own. I'll catch you again the second week of July.

For a few freebies, head to Walgreen's. If you need cleaning supplies, go to CVS. I went to Walgreen's today because my printer was out of ink--tragic for a printing couponer like myself. Having no ink is paralyzing! I managed to use $16 in register rewards I had previously earned and $8 more I earned today while spending only $3.10 of my own money.

For all the Walgreen's match-ups, go here. Take note: Walgreen's is having a problem with the free socks deal. Since the RR is not printing at any locations, I opted to return them instead of sending in the rebate form. If you're new to couponing, skip the socks!

For simplicity's sake, I took out the socks purchase and return from my totals.

Transaction #1:
1 News Sentinel
1 Flexitol Blistop (on sale for $5; get $5RR)--I'm keeping this because my son keeps getting blisters
1 Blistex smoothie 3-pack (on sale for $3; get $3RR)
2 Raison Brans (on sale for $1.99 each)
1 Caramel (filler item: $.33)
--Used $1/2 Kellogg's printable
--Used $16RR from previous visits (2 $5RR, 3 $2RR)
Total Spent: $1.66
Total Saved: $27.98
RR for next time: $8

Transaction #2:
3 Raison Brans
1 Inkjet refill (normally $13)
4 Reach toothbrushes ($.99 with in-ad coupon)
1 Caramel
--Used $1.50/3 Kellogg's paper coupon
--Used 50% off ink jet refill coupon from the box of my last refill (making it $6.50; you could use the in-ad coupon that will take off $3 but this was the better deal for me.)
--Used 2 $2/2 Reach toothbrush printables
--Used in ad Reach coupon (1 coupon takes off $3.20 for 4)
--Used $8RR from previous transaction
Total Spent: $1.44
Total Saved: $30.99

A quick note about printer refills. This is new to me. I've always bought them new. The first one I got for just $1 on Earthday worked fine; so I decided to refill again. Not only is this MUCH cheaper ($13 regular compared to $40), but coupons will usually save you an additional $3 - $6.50 per cartridge. Make sure you bring an XL (which holds three times the ink) because the cost is the same.

For all the CVS match-ups go here. I didn't make it to CVS today, but I'll get there some time this week. Other than the picture movie DVD (which I can do myself), I didn't see any freebies. I also did not receive the $5 coupon she describes. You can get Little Swimmers for $4.49 and Kellogg's cereal for $1.50.

But probably the best deal is on cleaning supplies. You can get all sorts of cleaning supplies by S.C. Johnson for $2.50 each. When you buy 4 (ie: spend $10), you get $5ECB. Since I have 4 $1/1 coupons, that makes each one $.25 each. When I submit for the $5 rebate (must be purchased by 6/30 and postmarked by 7/15), that will be a $4 money maker. I haven't yet decided what if anything I'll be donating from there; so here are my totals thus far.

Total products to donate this week: Blistex 3 pack, 4 toothbrushes
Total value of these products: $11.15 (Non-sale prices were $3.99 for Blistex and $1.79 each for toothbrushes)
Total spent for these products: $0

Total products to donate to date: 6 tubes toothpaste, 6 toothbrushes, 5 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 2 dish soap, 14 body wash, 5 shampoo, 2 conditioner, 1 razor, 1 heat wrap, 5 feminine care, 1 box of tampons, 2 lip balm, 1 barrette, 1 box of tissues, 1 box of vitamins, 2 boxes of cereal, 1 box of crackers
Total value of products to date: $207.08
Total spent to date: -$16.70

What deals did you find this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment