Sunday, July 18, 2010

Couponing for Charity 7/18-24 & Update #17


I just posted my deals for charity last week--nearly $36 of goods for one penny (and tax of course)! How great is that?!

This week, I think CVS has the best deals if you want to pick one location. Here are Southern Saver's match-ups. Today I spent $3.15, saved $42.44, and walked out with $11.99 ECB for next time. Half of my savings were from last week's ECBs, here's the break-down:

  • 2 M&M pretzyls ($.89 each, on sale for $.50, buy 2, get $1ECB; that makes both FREE; I couldn't find the coupon that made this a MM but oh well; love free chocolate!)
  • 2 3 count Expo washable dry erase markers ($4.99, on sale for $1.99 each, used 2 $1/1 printables, making them $.99 each)
  • 1 Ivory 3 bar soap ($1.69, on sale for $.99, used $.50 coupon from paper, making it $.49)
  • 1 Celsius green tea ($7.99; get $7.99 ECB; used $2 printable here for a $2MM. NOTE: I suspect this coupon could be a fraud because it didn't scan and he had to type it in. I'm very wary of using fraudulent coupons; if I had known, I wouldn't have brought it.)
  • 1 Huggies Goodnites ($11.99; on sale for $8.99, used a $2.50/1 printable I printed ages ago. After the $3ECB, these were only $3.49! Limit 1)
  • 1 CVS hand sanitizer pen ($1.99; free with coupon they emailed me. Go here to sign up to get your deals.)
  • 1 CVS sunscreen ($6.49; used $1/1 coupon that printed from the kiosk. This is my favorite sunscreen and here's why.)
  • 1 bag of cheese popcorn ($1.49; ok this was an impulse buy, but I wanted a new snack for the kids this week.)
  • I also had a $5 off $30 coupon they emailed as well.

My total before coupons: $32.92
Coupons used today: $14.99
ECBs used from last week: $16.97
Total spent including tax: $3.15
Total saved: $42.44
Total ECBs earned for next week: $11.99

I haven't decided if I'm going to Walgreen's this week. The toothpaste and pen money makers might draw me in, but I'm not sure yet. For Southern Saver's match-ups go here. Staples also has more deals--including $.01 glue--but I may not make it there either.


UPDATE 7/20: I did make it to Kroger today and picked up some good deals for charity. I also picked up some of their mega-deals for us but forgot to mark four of them somewhere between yelling, "Stop hitting your brother" and "Get back here; no running in the store!" Here are the free hygiene items I scored:

4 Crest toothpaste ($2.59, on sale for $1, used 4 $.50 coupons which Kroger doubles=FREE)
2 Oral B toothbrushes ($2.69, on sale for $1, used 1 $2/2 coupon=FREE)
1 Suave deodorant ($2.06, on sale for $1.50, mega sale takes off $.50, used 1 $.50 coupon that doubles=FREE)

If I hadn't been so eager to use my Ivory soap coupon at CVS, I could have made $.50 on 3 bars at Kroger: on sale for $1, the $.50 coupon doubles, and a $.50 esaver from PGesaver.com gives you a profit. Can't win 'em all!

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE THIS WEEK: 4 toothpastes, 2 toothbrushes, 1 deodorant
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $17.80
TOTAL SPENT: $0

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE TO DATE: 10 pens, 2 multi-purpose eye solutions, 1 shampoo, 2 feminine care, 1 pack of napkins, 1 pack of paper, 4 toothpastes, 2 toothbrushes, 1 deodorant
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $53.72
TOTAL SPENT: $.01

What are your favorite deals this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment