Thursday, March 25, 2010

Couponing for Charity: Update #2

If you're following along with my new mission to "Coupon for Charity" along with the Northwest Knoxville MOMS Club, here's how I did this week.

According to my plan, I was going to buy 1 tube of toothpaste, 1 bottle of mouthwash, and perhaps some hand soap. I didn't find the Dial soap, and the mouthwash was not the right size to use my coupon. However, I did "make $1" on the Colgate deal at CVS and I finally found the Buddies soap at Target. Since I had 4 $1/1 Johnson & Johnson coupons, I bought 4 Buddies priced at $.97 each. Since the register won't acknowledge a coupon for more than the value paid, the clerk had to manually type in $.97 each time; fine with me. I decided to keep two for the boys and add two to the charity fund.

Total products to donate this week: 1 tube toothpaste, 2 bars of Buddies soap
Total value of products to donate: $5.93 ($3.99 for toothpaste and $1.94 for soap)
Total spent: -$1 (it's like having an extra buck in the bank to spend another time)

Total products to donate to date: 3 tubes toothpaste, 1 deodorant, 2 bars of soap
Total value of products to date: $16.20
Total spent to date: -$3

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment