Thursday, March 4, 2010

Saving $ at the Pump-BUYER BEWARE


A couple weeks ago I posted details of how to save money on gas using your Kroger Plus card at Shell stations. I still think this is a great idea, but they're lacking in supporting it in practice. The first time I went, the machine would not read my card. When I typed in my number, it worked. Today when I tried the same thing, it wouldn't acknowledge my number. The cashier commented, "Yeah, they're not working; just come in and I'll take care of it." But I couldn't seem to figure out how to get the gas pump to start without swiping my credit card. Once I did that, the cashier couldn't give me the discount.

HEY, KROGER AND SHELL REPRESENTATIVES, THIS IS A PROBLEM!!!!

Though I'm bummed about missing out on savings today, I will go again in two weeks and save even more then. None of my points will expire between now and then; so I technically haven't lost any money--just delayed my savings. However, I would have used a cheaper station down the road and that would have saved me. Live and learn.

As for having to go inside to take care of the transaction, that is not a practical option for me. I'd either have to tote two kids inside with me and wait in line while they squirmed or leave them in an unattended car--I don't think so.

SO, KROGER AND SHELL, FIX IT OR YOU'RE LOSING ME AS A CUSTOMER!!!!

Have you had any problems with this new promotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment