Sunday, August 15, 2010

Couponing for Charity 8/15 - 21 & Update #19


Hi there, deal seeking mommas. Here are the best deals I see this week, but honestly there's not a lot to get excited about. Maybe this is a good week to take off.

At Kroger you can still get free Chex Mix, free Gardetto's snack mix (if any is left), and inexpensive granola bars with a Cataline deal. Check out Southern Saver's match-ups here.

If you're going to pick one store for the best financial deals, I'd suggest CVS. Click here for Southern Saver's match-ups and here for Coupon Katie's picks. There are two moneymakers: Zegerid OTC and Blink Tears. You can also get free pens and decent deals on cereal. I might make it to CVS later in the week.

Instead I stopped in today at Walgreen's because I had some RRs about to expire. Click here for Southern Saver's match-ups and here for Coupon Katie's picks. There were no enticing RR deals in my opinion, but I did stock up on one item I need: dry erase markers (4 pack for $1.99, normally $4.99). Last year Bobby must have gone through 20 markers and each time, I paid top dollar and had to make a special trip to get them every time the teacher sent home a note. I don't know if his markers kept finding their way into someone else's pencil box or he couldn't keep the caps on. Regardless, I'm prepared this year! And though 20 extra pens is a little much, I just saw on his teacher's wish list: Expo dry erase markers. I love when a teacher's needs and a good deal coincide! Here's what I bought:

5 packs dry erase markers ($1.99 each)
2 packs of Pilot Frixion Erasable Gel Pens-2 per pack (on sale for $1.99 each but coupons make them free)
2 bags of M&Ms (on sale for $.49 each)
1 8x10 print (FREE if you order online TODAY only when you use "FREE 8X10 DEAL" code)
--Used $10RR ($8, $1, & $1) earned two weeks ago
--Used 2 $1/1 printables for Pilot pens
--Used 1 $1/1 Pilot Frixion coupon in Walgreen's August coupon book (takes off $2)
--Used 1 $.75/2 M&Ms product from paper

Total before tax: $.16
Total with tax: $1.54
Total Savings: $37.54

Yeah, that was fun. It gets even better with a rebate on the back of the Pilot Frixion pens (buy 2 and receive $2.75). What deals are you seeking this week? I won't be donating anything to charity unless I make it to CVS this weeks, so here are my totals:

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE TO DATE: 10 pens, 3 multi-purpose eye solutions, 1 shampoo, 6 feminine care, 1 pack of napkins, 1 pack of paper, 4 toothpastes, 2 toothbrushes, 1 deodorant, 2 first aid kits, 2 boxes of crayons, 1 fiber supplement, 1 razor
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $103.39
TOTAL SPENT: --$18.52


No comments:

Post a Comment