Though I have no insider information about store sales, I trust the advice of savvy couponers like Southern Savers and Gabrielle at Couponing in Critical Times who say grab the deals of school supplies this week because soon they'll be gone. Southern Savers did an exceptional job of detailing where to get the best deals on every B2S sale. I've hit a few of the sales at various stores since they began running nearly a month ago, and I'm happy to report I've stocked up on school and office supplies for the year. When gathering deals, I encourage you to not only think of your child/ren's lists, but what your household needs, what charities that you support could use, and even what your small business could use. And whenever possible, choose the greener option. Here are some of the deals I snagged today. (Do people still say snagged or am I showing my age?!)
- 2 reams of Hammermill copy paper (will cost $.01 after rebate online--fast and easy); this product is not made from recycled paper, but it is certified with the Sustainable Forestry Initiatve (deal ended today).
- 1 2 pack of Westcott Kleen Earth 8 inch scissors (on sale for $9.99, coupon took another $2 off); the handle is made of 70% recycled plastic; comes with a 10 year warranty--thus better quality.There were cheaper scissors, but I took one for the environmental team.
- 10 black Sharpies for $1.60 total (deal ended today).
- 10 dry erase markers for $1.60 total (deal ended today).
- 6 notebooks for $.01 each (deal ended today).
- 1 Staples calculator for $7.19 after coupon; qualifies as "eco easy" with its solar power.