Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Couponing for Charity Update #18


I have been posting deals but not updating my totals due to trips and lots of projects going on. Before I lose my receipts, I figured I should post my totals for the past two weeks. Note: none of these deals are currently available. Click here for this week's deals.

At CVS, I picked up one U by Kotex feminine care ($4.99, get $4.99ECB, used $1/1 coupon=$1 money maker).

At Target, I picked up four Johnson & Johnson travel first aid kids for $.97 each. I had 2 $3/2 coupons. Though normally, they just mark the coupons down to the price of the item, my clerk gave me the full $6 discount. Since I'm keeping two for the cars and donating two, here are those totals: $1.94 value, saved $3 with coupon=$1.06 money maker). I picked up lots of extra school supplies for cheap just in case that I may donate at a later time.

At Kroger, I had received three catalina coupons for free Poise and Allways pads, all of which I'll be donating. Here are those totals: $2.99, $3.39, $3.39=all free.

At Walgreen's, I didn't get all the deals I was after because the August coupon books had not yet arrived. However, I did well to wait to use the 15% off everything code available for a few days. I made money on 2 boxes of Crayola crayons 24 count. ($1 value, get $1RR; $.85 with my 15% discount code=$.15 money maker each). I also made money on the Complete multi-purpose solution ($7.99 value, get $8RR, $6.79 with 15% discount code, used $1/1 peelie coupon on product=$2.20 money maker). I also got the free Crayola markers, vitamins, and some pull-ups on clearance for nearly free but I'll be keeping those.

Update 8/14: Rather than do another post, I figured, I'd just tag onto the end of this one with a few more deals that you can still get through the end of today. At CVS, I did pick up one Dulcolax (regularly $12.99, on sale for $9.99, get $9.99ECB, used a $5 coupon from All You magazine=$5MM).

I also bought one Hydro razor (regularly $9.99, on sale for $8.97, get $4ECB, used $5 coupon from Sunday's paper, will submit for rebate, making this an $8.97MM.) To make the deal even better, there was a peelie coupon on the razors for a free bottle of Hydro shave cream when you buy a razor (value: $3.99); I'll be keeping that. Note: Since I kept the identical free razor I got a few months ago, and the rebate requires me to open the package and send in the UPC code, I'll donate the un-opened one and keep this one.

I also got a good deal on Huggies since I went over $30 ($9 each, spend more than $10, get $3ECB). I used $5 when you spend $30 coupon from CVS emails and a $4/2 printable which I can't find now. You can get a $3.50/2 here. If you haven't yet signed up for CVS emails, you can get a $4 off $20. All told, I got 2 packs of diapers for $3 each, both of which I'm keeping.

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE THE PAST TWO WEEKS: 4 feminine care, 2 first aid kits, 2 boxes of crayons, 1 eye solution, 1 fiber supplement, 1 razor
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $49.67
TOTAL SPENT: --$18.53

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE TO DATE: 10 pens, 3 multi-purpose eye solutions, 1 shampoo, 6 feminine care, 1 pack of napkins, 1 pack of paper, 4 toothpastes, 2 toothbrushes, 1 deodorant, 2 first aid kits, 2 boxes of crayons, 1 fiber supplement, 1 razor
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $103.39
TOTAL SPENT: --$18.52

Not only have I accounted for my tax, but I have a buffer now. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment