Sunday, August 22, 2010

Couponing for Charity 8/22 - 28 & Update #20


Hi, savvy savers. I'm here with your weekly deals, especially those you might consider donating to a charity, but I have to admit, I'm not real inspired this week. I did go to CVS today and I plan to stop by Walgreen's at some point to pick up the diaper deals, but otherwise, I'm not going shopping anywhere else this week so that I can meet my monthly budget goals. There are no major deals at Kroger, and I stocked up on some lovely produce at the Market Square farmer's market on Saturday.

For how to get two packs of diapers and two tubs of wipes for just $11.98, check out Coupon Katie's post on Walgreen's. If you want to pick just one store, head to CVS for the best deals. For Southern Saver's match-ups, go here. I just spent $3.90, saved $33.49, and got $18ECB for next time. Here's how:

2 Listerine Total Care (normally $4.99, on sale for $3.99, get $2ECB, limit 2)
1 Crest Pro Health 4oz (normally $4.99, on sale for $3.49, get $2.50ECB, limit 2)
1 Crest Glide Pro Health floss (normally $4.49, on sale for $3.49, get $2.50ECB, limit 2--same deal as above)
1 Blink Tears .34oz (normally $10.49, on sale for $7.99, get $7.99ECB) Note: The "gel tears" were not marked as the special, but they did produce the savings.
1 CVS itch cream: $5.29 (not on sale but the hubby was stung by something yesterday and his foot was swelling; at least I got 2 tubes for the comparable price of 1 Benadryl tube).

Total before coupons: $28.24
--Used $5 off $25 CVS coupon emailed to me; sign up here to get a $4 off $20.
--Used 2 $2 Listerine printables. Note: I couldn't find the Listerine Zero, but the coupon will work for the other. It's all Listerine, or if you want to use a $1/1, that's still a good deal.
--Used $1/1 Crest toothpaste from 8/01 paper
--Used $1/1 Crest Glide floss from 8/01 paper
--Used $9.99 and $4 ECBS from previous weeks
Subtotal after coupons: $1.75
Total paid with tax: $3.90
ECBs earned for next time: $18 (including $1 ECB for my green tag)

Since our family can use all of these products but we have enough toothpaste, that's the only item I'll be contributing this week.

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE THIS WEEK: 1 tube toothpaste
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS THIS WEEK: $4.99
TOTAL SPENT THIS WEEK: -$.01

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE TO DATE: 10 pens, 3 multi-purpose eye solutions, 1 shampoo, 6 feminine care, 1 pack of napkins, 1 pack of paper, 5 toothpastes, 2 toothbrushes, 1 deodorant, 2 first aid kits, 2 boxes of crayons, 1 fiber supplement, 1 razor
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $108.38
TOTAL SPENT: --$18.53

What deals get you excited this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment