Sunday, January 30, 2011

Couponing for Charity 1/30 - 2/5


Thanks for checking in to see my recommendations for which freebies out there are worth picking up for charity. Some good deals you may keep for yourself, but it's nice to share good coupon karma.

First of all, for some deals, you'll need to shop tomorrow 1/31 because of expiring coupons. However, I think the best deals this week at Walgreen's do not require you run out immediately.

Walgreen's
For the complete match-up list, go to Southern Savers.
For the pared down lists, go to Coupon Katie or Coupon Mommie.

I won't be getting the Natrol Melatonin because it's a specialized medicine--donations I don't feel comfortable giving. I also don't plan to get the glucose monitor because the rebate probably involves me cutting up the box, thus making donating impossible. And for some reason, I didn't get the SS insert today with the Icy Hot coupon. Ugh! Since I did pick up 2 $2RR's last week, here is the scenario I'm planning:

Transaction #1:
  • 1 Arnicare pain relief gel--I may need this after my triathlon training ;-)--($6, get $6RR, $2 printable = $2MM)
  • 3 Russell Stover chocolate hearts ($.29 each with ad coupon)--my filler items
  • Use 2 $2RR
Total due: $.90 plus tax
RR's earned: $6

Transaction #2:
  • 1 Blink eye drops ($8, get $8RR, $1MC=$1MM)
  • 4 Butterfinger snackers ($.39 with in ad coupon, 2 $1/2 printables = $.44MM. Make sure you give them the printables first to avoid beeping.)
  • 2 Advil ($5 each, buy 2 earn $5RR, $3 Walgreen's catalina from previous trip, $2 off a number of varieties=FREE)
  • Use $6RR from Tr.#1
Total due: $5.56 plus tax
RR's earned: $8, $5

Transaction #3:
  • 1 Blink eyedrops
  • 2 Russell Stover chocolate hearts
  • Use $5RR from Tr.#2 (Remember, you can't use the $8RR and generate another one.)
Total due: $2.60 plus tax
RR's earned: $8

If all goes as planned (but does it ever?), I'll spend $9.06 plus tax and have $16 in register rewards to use the next two weeks.

CVS
For the complete match-up list, go to Southern Savers.
For the pared down lists, go to Coupon Katie or Coupon Mommie.

Since there are no freebies this week, I would typically skip it, but for the first time in a year, I have $12ECBs that will expire before I can roll them into more great freebies. For that reason only, here is my plan:
  • 2 Aussie styling products ($6, get $2ECB, B1G1 coupon=$.50 each)
  • 3 Special K cereals (3 for $10, get $4ECB, B1G1 printable and $1/2MC=$.56 each)
  • 1 Olay body wash ($6, get $2ECB, $2MC=$2)
  • 1 Olay moisturizer (B1 body wash, G1 moisturizer=FREE)
  • Use $12ECBs
Total Due: $.67 plus tax
ECBs earned: $8

If they're out of some of those items, I'll buy valentines at $2.50 each.

Since I stocked up last week at Kroger's mega sale (where I got 6 free toothbrushes for charity) and there's nothing much new this week, I'm skipping it altogether. But if you haven't gone, there are some good deals.

Kroger:
For the complete match-up list, go to Southern Savers.
For the pared down lists, go to Coupon Katie or Coupon Mommie.

In addition to 13 different items under a buck, I found two money makers:
  • 3 Hunts tomatoes ($.49 after mega sale, $1 e-saver, $1/3 from All You magazine = $.53MM)
  • 1 Pampers wipes ($1.49 after mega sale, $1 e-saver, $.50 catalina from a previous trip = $.51MM because Kroger doubles up to $.50)
Here are my updated totals from the past two week's trips. Last week CVS was a bust and I only got pull-ups at Walgreen's.

ITEMS I'M DONATING THE PAST TWO WEEKS: 1 single Tide detergent load from Target ($.97, $1MC=$.03MM), 6 toothbrushes (normally $2.49 each, FREE with coupons and mega sale), 1 Pampers wipes (normally $2.29, $.51MM after coupons and mega sale)
VALUE OF ITEMS DONATED: $18.20
MONEY SPENT: -$.54

TOTAL ITEMS DONATING TO DATE: 1 box of pain patches, 2 heat wraps, 2 toothpaste, 4 containers of hummus, 1 trial size laundry, 6 toothbrushes, 1 baby wipes
VALUE OF ITEMS DONATED: $49.31
MONEY SPENT: -$2.54

No comments:

Post a Comment