Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Couponing for Charity 10/24-30 & Update #26


My apologies for the delay in posting. Hopefully by now you know how to find the deals yourself and just check my site to compare notes. I tend to post some deals first on Knoxmoms message board. So please check there as well.

For the first time in awhile, I advise skipping CVS this week. Other than the bags of candy I got for $1 each (prices go up slightly tomorrow), there really aren't any great deals. To see if you disagree, go here for Coupon Katie's picks and here for the complete match-ups by Southern Savers.

Thanks to Coupon Katie for the heads-up on deals at Kroger (not a very good week IMO), but you can get free Chex Mix, good deals on GM cereals, free dish soap, and free kids' toothpaste. I've already used my Crest coupon, but I'm ready to stock up on Honey Nut Cheerios and Chex cereal to make my own chex mix for the holidays.

For the best money makers, Walgreen's is this week's go-to store. Click here for Coupon Katie's picks and here for Southern Saver's match-ups. I had planned to get some Goodnites with the diaper deal, but they weren't included and the $2 coupons I had were only for sizes 1 & 2. I also planned to get the free adult cough medicine. I liked that it was homeopathic, but when I looked at the ingredients--honey, sucrose, purified water, citric acid, and sodium benzonate--I figured I'd be better off making my own concoction. Shouldn't honey, lemon, and warm water be just as good? Even though it was free, I'd have to wait for my money for 8-10 weeks with a rebate, and I'm still paying the tax. So, I passed.

Here is what I bought:
Transaction #1:
  • 1 Children's Mucinex (normally $9.49, on sale for $6.99, get $7 with mail-in rebate=FREE)
  • 1 Colgate Sensitve toothpaste (normally $4.79, on sale for $3.49, get $3.50RR, used $1/1MC=$1MM)
  • 1 Contact Cold & Flu (normally $8.49, on sale for $6, get $6RR, used $2 printable=$2MM)
  • 3 rolls of Big Roll toilet paper (normally $.89 each, on sale for $.50)
  • The TP and no coupon for the Mucinex allowed me to use 4 RR's from last week: $2.60, $2.60, $2.00, and $2.00
  • 8x10 collage (printed pictures from our Oakes Farm trip on Saturday; value: $3.99, cost=FREE with code)
Total Spent: $7.44
Total Saved: $27.64
Generated RRs or rebate forms worth: $16.50

Transaction #2:
  • 1 Contact (same as above)
  • 1 Colgate (same as above)
Total Spent: $7.37
Total Saved: $6.79
Generated RRs worth: $9.50

Tip: If you get the rebate deals, make sure you only get one because you can only redeem one per household, and if you choose to get the Chestal, make sure you buy it separately from the Mucinex in case you have to mail in original receipts.

If I decide to donate anything from my Kroger trip later this week, I'll add those later. I'm not sure if any organizations want over-the-counter medicines, but I'll add it now and figure it out later.

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE THIS WEEK: 2 toothpaste, 1 cold & flu medicine
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS TO DONATE THIS WEEK: $18.07
TOTAL SPENT THIS WEEK: -$4.00

TOTAL PRODUCTS TO DONATE TO DATE: 1 lotion, 8 toothpaste, 2 heat wraps, 7 lip balms, 2 body wash, 1 shaving gel, 2 razors, 1 lipstick, 1 multi-purpose solution, 1 candle, 6 first aid kits, 2 deodorants, 2 travel wash detergent packs, 1 cough drops, 2 pantyhose, 1 gum, 3 soups, 2 hand soaps, 2 tuna, 1 cold & flu medicine
TOTAL VALUE OF PRODUCTS: $144.22
TOTAL SPENT: -$6.90 (that's negative nearly seven bucks)


No comments:

Post a Comment