Saturday, October 23, 2010

How We Can Stop Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico






The past few months I've been working with a non-profit, the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, to produce a video showcasing solutions for our dependence on oil. No one is asking you to give up your car. We're Americans. We need mobility. We love the freedom to go anywhere we want. However, there are ways that EVERY American can help alleviate the need to drill in the Gulf of Mexico AND the Persian Gulf. Please watch my video at this link to see how you can be part of the solution.

The images of the oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico after the Deep Water Horizon spill in April broke my heart. Some of my family members experienced it first-hand this summer when oil began to wash up on shore. These pictures were taken by my very talented BIL, Patrick.

So when SACE approached me about doing a video focusing on alternatives to off-shore drilling, I was very excited. The key is reducing consumption, and there are four main ways to do that:
  1. Increasing fuel efficiency
  2. Using more hybrid and electric vehicles
  3. Using alternative biofuels
  4. Making better personal choices
Thank you for watching my video and giving your feedback. For more information, check out SACE's blog on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment