Thursday, September 2, 2010

$34 shorts for 22 cents


I used to hear about women getting these amazing deals on clothes and thought, "That would never happen for me." But today it did. I purchased a pair of ladies shorts from Kohl's that originally retailed for $34 for only 22 cents. I was giddy excitement. Here's how.

After signing up for the Kohl's emails months ago, I receive something from them about once a week. The subject line: "$10 Gift to celebrate your newly remodeled Knoxville West Kohl's store" particularly caught my eye. Tip: If you sign up for the Kohl's emails, you'll get $5 off your next in store purchase. After reading all the fine print, this was truly $10 off anything in the store (sales items not excluded) but you had to spend at least $10 before tax, it had to be redeemed by today and I could only use it once. So my mission became how close can I get to $10?

My first plan was to get some new Bakugans for Bobby's birthday next month. I was excited to see that all toys were were B1G1 half off. I found them for $5.99 and $9.99. But then I decided to check the clothes clearance racks just in case. A few months ago I had bought a Dockers skort here that I wear all the time (was wearing it today) and thought it would be great to have one in another color. Though I didn't find a skort, I did find similar Dockers shorts...in my size...70% off. I was stunned to see the marked down price was $10.20. It fit like a dream and I was sold. Since they only charged me sales tax on the $.20, my total after the coupon was just $.22! That's a savings percentage of more than 99%!

Now that I've revealed my secret to my friends, they will probably tease me when they see me wearing my $.22 shorts, but I can handle it. And since I splurged on myself today instead of my kids, please let me know if you see any great deals on Bakugans before Oct. 2. Thanks!

Note: I do not have any affiliation with Kohl's and was not compensated in any way for writing this post--I just like passing on great bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment