Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kroger Fuel Points Reminder


If you haven't read my previous posts about the Kroger fuel points program, I have a love / hate relationship with it. I love the idea of saving money on gas when I'm buying groceries I need, but I hate that my card never works at Shell stations. And yes, I've tried all the hoops.

It has been working out that I'll gas up once a month at a Kroger fuel station, which has no problem reading my card and gets the correct amount each time. Love that; just wish there were more of the stations around town. But so far, I've redeemed every point earned.

However, today I learned a valuable lesson about the fuel points that I figured I'd pass along if you hadn't thought of it. Your available fuel points are always printed at the bottom of your receipts. If you don't use the points earned in a given month, they will roll over for one more month and then expire. A month's points are stored in "a block" of sorts and when you earn points the next month, the two can not be combined. The computer takes whichever is higher. Also fuel points under 100 do not carry over.

Yesterday I was in a hurry and didn't look at my receipt until I was home. I noticed my fuel points were 499. Since it was 8/31, only 400 points will be rolled over through 9/30 and I just lost 99 points. A few more cents--one more item, and I could have saved an additional $2 in gas. Grrr.

So if it's near the end of the month, check your balance to see if you're close to another reward and if you have points expiring, try to use those, even if it's for half a tank. Every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment