Sunday, September 19, 2010

Printer Ink: How do you save?



A few months ago, when Walgreen's had ink refills for just $1, I decided to give it a try. I've since been very pleased with the refill process (which averages $10 on sale--even for the XL size). I think I've refilled one cartridge 2 or 3 times.

However, yesterday my printer decided this cartridge was "not compatible." Not sure why, but the end result is I can't print.

So I searched online for prices for my cartridge and found Staples, OfficeMax, and Office Depot had the same price. I chose Staples because they have a number of ways to save on ink.

1. I had a 10% coupon mailed to me for being a Staples Rewards member.
2. You earn 10% back in Staples Rewards for any ink purchase.
3. If you spend more than $59 in one visit on ink, you earn $5 in Staples rewards for each cartridge you recycle ($2 if you spend less). I was bummed when I realized I forgot two cartridges to recycle, but they said I could bring them any time.
4. Since I also have a business, they've sent me a coupon that allows me to save $25 on orders of $75 or more. Plus, all orders over $50 are shipped for free. Since one B&W XL and one color XL cartridge for my printer cost $76, I think I'll order ahead.

I'll still try the Walgreen's refills for 1 or 2 times per cartridge, but a couponer needs a reliable printer! How do you save on ink?

No comments:

Post a Comment