Friday, September 24, 2010

Reverse Trick or Treating


I'll admit I love chocolate and have not really paid much attention to whether it's "fair trade" or not, but I'm trying to expand my horizons. Here's a neat concept that I encourage all you "greeniacs" to take advantage of for Halloween. This is for anyone in the U.S. or Canada. You can be a part in educating others about the importance of fair trade products through a process called Reverse Trick or Treating.

Thanks to Global Exchange and several other great partners, each requesting individual will receive 15 cards with chocolates for FREE (you pay S&H of $5.50). Organizations (schools, congregations, youth groups, etc.) can order them for $24 for a box of 150. You must agree to have your kids distribute them to adults to participate. Order them through October 8 or while supplies last; individuals get a leg up if you order before October 1 when it's open to organizations. I just ordered mine yesterday.

Do you buy fair trade chocolate? What do you think of this concept?

No comments:

Post a Comment