Sunday, May 16, 2010

Couponing for Charity 5/16-22 & Update #9


It's a decent week for savings, especially if you need body wash, deodorant, shampoo, and chocolate--all FREE but no money makers in sight. Here are my picks:

For all the CVS match-ups, go here. For Coupon Katie's picks, go here. I chose to buy my newspaper at CVS with one of the $2ECB rewards from last week. My goal is to never pay "real money" for a paper again. Once I had the $2 Aussie coupon from today's paper, I went in for this transaction:
1 Aussie shampoo (on sale for $2.99; get $2ECB)
1 Aussie gel (on sale for $2.99; get $2ECB)
2 Lady Speed Stick (on sale for $2.99 each; get $2ECB each)
2 large dark Hershey bars (B1 at $1.99, G1 for $.01)

Coupons used:
$2 Aussie when you buy one shampoo and one styling gel
2 $1/1 Lady Speed Stick (from "junk mailer")
2 $1/1 Hershey
$7 ECB from last week
$1 ECB from last week

Total spent: $1.16
Total ECBs for next time: $8

So basically, I got all these for FREE. The shampoo and one deodorant will go to charity.

For all the Walgreen's match-ups, go here. For Coupon Katie's picks, go here. I was going to get the free Stride gum, but I couldn't find that coupon in today's paper. So I focused on the body wash deals instead. And since we needed tweezers, I got somewhat of a deal there.

Transaction #1:
2 Old Spice body wash ($4.49 each; get $4.50RR)
Used B1G1 coupon from P&G insert
Used $3RR from last week
Total spent: $2.32
RR for next time: $4.50 (Note: You can NOT use a RR on the same deal the next time; the RR usually will not print out if you do).

Transaction #2:
2 Gillette body wash ($4.49 each; get $4.50RR)
1 Revlon tweezers ($4.99)
Used B1G1 Gillette coupon from P&G insert
Used $1/1 Revlon tweezers from Walgreens May coupon book
Used $1/1 Revlon manufacturers coupon
Total spent: $6.49
RR for next time: $4.50

So basically, I got 4 body washes for FREE. I had more coupons and could have kept going, but enough is enough. Email me if you'd like the coupons. I'll be donating all four body washes and keeping the tweezers.

Total products to donate this week: 4 body wash, 1 shampoo, 1 deodorant
Total value of these products: $25.74 ($17.96 for body wash, $4.29 for shampoo, $3.49 for deodorant)
Total spent for these products: $0

Total products to donate to date: 4 tubes toothpaste, 5 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 7 body wash, 3 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 heat wrap, 3 feminine care, 1 lip balm, 2 toothbrushes
Total value of products to date: $107.35
Total spent to date: -$10.95

What deals did you get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment