Sunday, May 9, 2010

Couponing for Charity 5/9-15 & Update #8


I know it's Mother's Day, but I admit I did my pharmacy shopping today. It was a gift to myself to work the deals without the distractions of little ones running up and down the aisles or squirming out of the cart. I'm happy to report that after my week off from couponing last week, I scored some good deals today.

I'd advise just going to CVS because they have the best deals this week. However, I did start at Walgreen's because I had a $3RR about the expire and my free photo collage (worth $3.99) to pick up. I bought a newspaper and one EOS shaving lotion (on sale for $2.99, get $3RR). My total spent was $2.27, I saved $7.79, and walked out with a $3RR. I'm keeping all these deals; so the totals below will not reflect them.

I then headed to CVS for the real savings. Click here for all of Southern Saver's match-ups. Hip2Save also does a nice job highlighting her favorites. Before I shopped, I scanned my card at the card kiosk and received four coupons--one of which was $5 off $40 purchase. I had planned out three transactions that would cost me $7.73 plus tax total, but I decided to spend more now and save more later (ie: buy everything in one transaction totaling just over $40 to use the additional ECB). CVS ECBs are good for a month (compared to Walgreen's two weeks), and I'm sure I can use them on other good deals between now and then.

Here's what I bought:
2 Crest Pro-Health 4.2 ounce toothpastes (on sale for $3.50, get $3.50ECB each; limit 2)
2 Carefree 22 count liners (on sale for $1 each)
1 U by Kotex 50 count liners ($4.99, get $4.99 ECB; limit 1)
2 Right Guard Total Defense deodorants (on sale for $2.49 each, get $2ECB each; limit 2)
1 Schick Hydro 5 razor (on sale for $8.99, get $4ECB; limit 1)
1 pack of Goodnite diapers (on sale for $8.49, get $2ECB; limit 1)
2 15oz boxes of Raison Bran (on sale for $1.88 each)

Total before coupons: $40.21

Coupons I used:
2 $.75/1 Crest toothpaste
2 $1/1 any Carefree product
1 $1/1 Kotex CVS printable here (yes, you can stack them for one product)
1 $3/2 Right Guard printable here
1 $5/1 Schick Hydro 5 in 5/9 Smart Source insert
1 $1.50 Goodnites from paper
1 $1/2 Kellogg's I printed awhile back
1 $5 ECB from a previous trip
1 $5 off $40 purchase

Total value of coupons: $26.00
Total paid including tax: $17.42
Total saved: $41.68
Total value of ECBs to use in future: $23.00 (including $1 for using my green tag 4 times)

Now wasn't that fun?!

Of these purchases, this is what I've decided to donate this week: 1 toothpaste, 2 feminine care
Total value of these products: $7.07 ($3.89 for Crest and $1.59 each for Carefree)
Total spent for these products: -$.75

Total products to donate to date: 4 tubes toothpaste, 4 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 3 body wash, 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 heat wrap, 3 feminine care, 1 lip balm, 2 toothbrushes
Total value of products to date: $81.61
Total spent to date: -$10.95

What deals did you get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment