Sunday, May 23, 2010

Couponing for Charity 5/23-29 & Update #10


If you're following my Couponing for Charity mission, here are this week's picks. It's never too late to start!

Once again, CVS comes out on top in my opinion if you want to pick just one store. Last week we got two free Gillette body wash at Walgreen's, but this week you get the same AND make four bucks! For Southern Saver's CVS match-ups, go here. For Coupon Katie's paired down list, go here.

Thanks to a tip from Southern Savers, I printed a $4 off $20 CVS purchase from home. Mine was going to expire 5/25; not sure how long you have from the time you print it, if it's even still available. With some of my previously earned ECBs, here was my transaction yesterday at CVS:

2 Gillette body wash (on sale for $4 each; get $4ECB each; limit 2)
1 Starbucks coffee ($7)
3 Raison Bran ($1.66 each; limit 3)
-Used B1G1 Gillette body wash
-Used $1/1 Starbucks (I think from All You magazine)
-Used $1/2 Kellogg's coupon that expired 5/23
-Used $4 off $20 CVS coupon
-Used $9ECB from previous trips

Total spent: $2.31
ECBs good for another month: $8

For Southern Saver's Walgreen's match-ups, go here. For Coupon Katie's picks, go here. I was going to get the all-purpose solution money maker but couldn't find the coupon in last week's insert. Did I miss it or did we not get that one? I bought goods in two transactions; I'll see my true savings in future shopping trips.

Transaction #1:
2 Huggies Little Movers ($9 each; buy 2, get $3RR)
1 Goody barette ($2.99; get $3RR)
1 News Sentinel ($2)
1 Colgate Total ($2.99, get $2RR)
-Used 2 $3/1 Huggies printables
-Used 1 $.75/1 Colgate coupon
-Used 2 $4.50RR from last week
Note: The number of products must not exceed your number of coupons; 5 products, 5 coupons.

Total spent: $10.23
RR good for two weeks: $8

Transaction #2:
2 Honey Nut Cheerios ($1.99 each)
1 Colgate Total ($2.99, get $2RR)
1 Revlon tweezers ($2.99)
1 Goody barrette ($2.99; get $3RR)
1 Carefree 22 count feminine care (will be free after both coupons)
-Used 1 $1/2 General Mills coupon from paper
-Used 1 $.75/1 Colgate coupon from paper
-Used 1 $1/1 Revlon coupon from paper
-Used 1 $1/1 Walgreen's coupon in May book for Revlon tweezers
-Used 1 $1/1 Carefree coupon from paper
-Used 1 $.99 in ad coupon for Carefree
Note: I couldn't use my RR from the previous transaction to get more RR this time and I had to keep the coupon to ration correct: 6 products, 6 coupons.

Total spent: $10.42
RR good for two weeks: $5

Since I'll be keeping some of these things and donating others, here are my totals:

Total products to donate this week: 2 body wash, 1 toothpaste, 1 feminine care, 1 barrette
Total value of these products: $17.60 ($10 for body wash, $3 for toothpaste, $1.60 for feminine care, $3 for barrette)--it's actually more, but I don't know specifically how much the sale prices took off some products.
Total spent for these products: -$3.75 ($4 moneymaker minus $.25 for toothpaste)

Total products to donate to date: 5 tubes toothpaste, 5 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 9 body wash, 3 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 heat wrap, 4 feminine care, 1 lip balm, 2 toothbrushes, 1 barrette
Total value of products to date: $124.95
Total spent to date: -$14.70

What deals did you get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment