Sunday, May 2, 2010

Couponing for Charity 5/2-8 & Update #7


Hi everyone. If you're new to the Couponing for Charity concept, go here. For those eagerly awaiting my suggestions, I'm afraid I don't have much to share this week. I've decided to forgo my weekly trips to Walgreen's, CVS, and wait for the gasp--Kroger because I'm just not drawn to any great deals.

Instead I was inspired by Gabe's post on farmer's markets and will try to check one of those out this week for fresh produce. And since my Sam's Club membership is going to expire in two months, I may go in there to stock up on some of the items that I know really are good deals. I'll report on both trips later.

Anyway, if you'd like to explore the pharmacy deals, here are Southern Saver's match-ups for CVS and Walgreen's. For Knoxville on a Dime's scaled down version of those lists: Walgreen's and CVS. The Nivea deals at both stores sound enticing, but they depend on a coupon we in Knoxville did not get today: $4/1 body wash. So even if you bought the multiple papers required to make that money maker happen, you're out of luck.

At CVS there's a Depends moneymaker, but I'm not sure the charities we're looking to support need Depends undergarments. And I didn't have the specific coupons for the Colgate or Reach deals.

At Walgreen's you could get free Puff's if you use the $1 coupon from the Vocal Point mailer and the in-ad coupon. There's free Sure deodorant with a coupon in today's paper and the in-ad coupon. Note that both of those deals rely on the need to get the coupon to product ratio right (ie: buy other products without a coupon). To that end, the Hallmark money maker sounds good but I couldn't find any kid's cards. And when I stopped to think about it, I'd rather make my own kid's cards with paper stock and portions of their paintings. Call me old fashioned that way.

The truth is I'm tired of shopping. I'm not a shopper at heart. I like a good deal, but I don't really enjoy the process of shopping. The only thing I bought at Walgreen's today was the newspaper with my $2RR from last week. That's the one product you don't have to pay tax on; that's nice. So since I was over budget last month and therefore have $100 less in my May budget, I'm going to take a break. Best of luck to you all. Since I'm not adding new items to my list this week, here are the totals to date.

Total products to donate to date: 3 tubes toothpaste, 4 deodorants, 2 bars of soap, 1 hand soap, 3 body wash, 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 heat wrap, 1 feminine care, 1 lip balm, 2 toothbrushes
Total value of products to date: $74.54
Total spent to date: -$10.20

No comments:

Post a Comment