Sunday, April 11, 2010

Couponing for Charity: 4/11 - 4/17 & Update #4


This week I have 3 products that you can get for free or make money. And since they're all hygiene products, they're perfect for our Couponing for Charity project. Deals are good through 4/17.

If you have to pick one store, head to CVS. A variety of Dove hair care products are $4.49, get $4.49 ECB (limit 1). Since the $2/1 printables seem to be gone, I used a $1.50/1 coupon from the paper two weeks ago. Tip: the coupon did work even though I couldn't find exactly the variety noted on the coupon. So this for me was a $1.50 moneymaker.

In my second transaction, I got a full-size bottle of Dial Nutriskin body wash: $5.49, get $4.50 ECB (limit 1). Since I used my $4.49 ECB from Dove and a $1/1 printable found here, I only paid tax: $.51 and got another $4.50 ECB. For accounting purposes, this one was free. Tip: there is a $1/2 coupon from the paper, but you have to buy 2; so make sure you print this one.

Since I had $11 in register rewards expiring today, I also headed to Walgreen's. The only freebie there I noted this week is Schick Hydro Shave Gel ($2.99, get $3RR). I didn't have a coupon to make it a money maker, but it did help me in my coupon to product ratio. I'm keeping this product because my husband needs it; so it won't go toward my totals. I suppose I could have gotten another one in a separate transaction, but I try not to abuse the freebie system.

My savings today at Walgreen's was $27.97, I paid $2.06 and left with $4 in RR. Here were my deals:
3 Kashi cereals (on sale for $2.50 each, I had 3 $1/1 coupons; find at least one $1/1 printable here.)
2 Snuggle dryer sheets (on sale for $3.99, I used 2 $3/1 coupons)
1 Schick Shave Gel ($2.99)
1 newspaper ($2)
Since I didn't have coupons for the shaving gel or newspaper, I used 1 $7RR and 1 $4RR from a previous trip. At check-out I received the $3RR for the shave gel and a surprise $1RR from Kellogg's; I suppose for buying 3 Kashi cereals.

If you're looking for more match-ups, Southern Savers has them for CVS here and Walgreen's here. She noted a B2G1 coupon for Kashi on Target's website, but either they're out or not available for our zipcode. I had also wanted to get the free Tylenol deal, but the $5/2 coupon that was supposed to be in today's paper wasn't there--maybe that's for other regions. Lastly I had wanted to get a deal on Cheezits, but the printable available now is for the Duoz only and they don't sell Duoz at Walgreens--bummer because those are the boys' favorites right now. Also, when you look at the size of the box, it's not that great a deal.

I don't see any exceptional deals that will draw me to Target this week, but if you want to use any of the Hasbro coupons, they expire 4/15. I didn't see any good deals on games though; let me know if you did. And I'm also not seeing any spectacular deals at Kroger; so I'll keep the list as slim as possible to stay on budget in this 5 week month.

Total products to donate this week: 1 shampoo, 1 body wash
Total value of products to donate: $10 ($4.50 for Dove, $5.50 for Dial)
Total spent: -$1.50

Total products to donate to date: 3 tubes toothpaste, 1 deodorant, 2 bars of soap, 1 body wash, 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 nasal spray
Total value of products to date: $41.20
Total spent to date: -$9.50

How did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment