Sunday, April 25, 2010

Couponing for Charity: 4/25 - 5/1


Here are this week's picks for couponing for charity.

If you don't feel like doing the pharmacy runs, Kroger does have a few freebies or close to it you might consider. Speed Stick deodorant is 10/$10, and there's a $.50 coupon in today's paper; since Kroger doubles, this is free. Dial hand soap is also 10/$10. If you still have a $.35 coupon that was in the paper last month, that's only $.30. And though this doesn't fall under hygiene, you can get a free bottle of Tobasco (10/$10 and with a $.50 coupon in today's paper).

If you are willing to venture out for deals, there are good deals at both. Go here for all the CVS match-ups and here for Coupon Katie's picks. I'll be aiming for the toothbrush moneymaker, the Irish Spring body wash, and the Nivea deal. Last time I tried to get a deal on Oral B, they were all gone. I actually have a $1/1 Irish Spring body wash; so that will be free, and the Nivea deal is a lot of stuff for a small amount of money. I'll probably keep one of each and donate the others. I also have a $1/1 Eucerin coupon (which qualifies for the spend $15, get $5ECB); I might use that instead of the lip care if it's less out of pocket over-all; we'll see.

If you just can't let a deal pass you by, head to Walgreen's. Click here for all the match-ups and here for Coupon Katie's picks. I'll be going in for the $1.40 Starbucks ice cream, the free large chocolate bar, the free shaving cream, the free packing tape, the Stayfree moneymaker, and maybe the Hallmark cards. Tip: The coupons for the Tone body wash are gone and I could only get the Scotch coupon through Southern Saver's link. I don't have coupons listed for the Plackers or Reach deals. I had considered buying two Skintimate products and using the $1.50/2 coupon, but you only get one $3RR. So you either get one free gel or two for $1.50. I'll opt for the freebie.

And though this isn't for charity, I'll probably run into Target for two deals: Buy 3 Huggies jumbo packs, get $5 gift card. I have 3 $3/1 coupons about to expire. That will make each $4.33. Breyers is also our favorite ice cream since it's all natural. This week if you buy 5 at $2.79 each (a good price on its own), you get a $5 gift card, making them $1.79 each--oh goody!

I'm going have to watch my spending carefully this week since it's the final week of my "five week month." I only have $70 left in my budget. So I'll be making my Kroger run "perimeter only"--a few vegetables and milk. I will make the exception for the true freebies listed above. I also have $5ECB and a $5 gift card from Target that will help me out.

What deals did I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment