Sunday, April 18, 2010

Couponing for Charity: 4/18 - 4/24 & Update #5


Time for the weekly deals for charity. Honestly, if you'd like to take a week off, this would be a good one. I just got back from Walgreens and CVS with some deals but nothing spectacular. I suppose if you want to pick one, go to CVS.

For all the CVS match-ups go here; for Coupon Katie's CVS picks, go here. If you do not already have a green tag, get one this week. They are $.99 but you get $.99ECB; limit one. I already have one and you can't use more than one per visit (like on separate bags). Too bad. I did pick up two Thermacare products ($2.49 each, get $2.49ECB); limit 2. Tip: You can buy both in one transaction and it will print one ECB for $4.98. I was also able to use 2 $1/1 coupons from the paper, making this a $2 moneymaker. I'll keep one for us and donate the other.

Deals at CVS I couldn't get: I tried to do the Rimmel deal where you get two products for free but the CVS I visited doesn't carry Rimmel. I also tried to get the free Colgate deal with a coupon, but the coupon they describe is not for the specific type of toothpaste on sale. It may have worked but I try to follow the rules.

For all the Walgreen's match-ups go here; for Coupon Katie's Walgreen's picks go here. Again I tried the Colgate deal but the same thing. They were already cleaned out of the Nature's Bounty vitamins, and I'm not sure who really needs that much Vitamin D. I did pick up 2 boxes of children's Zyrtek for my son (on sale for $10, buy 2 get $5RR). Since I had 2 $3/1 coupons from the pediatrician, I saved a total of $17. I also bought a pack of pull-ups for $5 ($2 Walgeens coupon, $2 manufacturers coupon) and some Raison Bran that worked out to $1.50 a box--not great deals but ok.

One more deal I just saw in the Kroger circular. Speed Stick deodorants are $1 each. I got a $.50 coupon from a mailer. So I'll be getting that for free.

All told I spent $24.44 today, saved $49.10 and left with $4.98ECB for another trip. Before I do the charity totals, I have one adjustment to make. When my son started showing signs of allergies, I pulled one item I had set aside for charity: the Simply Saline. So the following numbers account for that.

Total products to donate this week: 1 heat wrap
Total value of products to donate: $2.50
Total spent: -$1.00

Total products to donate to date: 3 tubes toothpaste, 1 deodorant, 2 bars of soap, 1 body wash, 2 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 heat wrap
Total value of products to date: $36.70
Total spent to date: -$9.50

How did you do? Have you noticed any freebies at Kroger or Target?


1 comment: